Dinumi genesis and specifics for individuals
Art by Hagon
Dinumis are a well hidden secret of nature. As humans were able to travel far far away in the universe, they could finally answer the one question: Are we alone? And no! They are not!
A planet tiny and far away, but still alike the earth, roams its way in a solar system that still is kept under lock from the military! However, they discovered this eco system long ago and started to explore the nature as in fauna and flora. The wildlife was amazing and weird, never ben seen such creatures! It looks like a prehistoric earth, having all these unknown plants, tress, flower, grasses. But also landscapes very modern, looking alike the ones of our earth! Steppes , swamps , deserts, jungles , grasslands , forests , ice landscapes , snow mountains , oceans , lakes and mountain ranges plates and caves deep inside the planet. It is just like our earth, but with different wildforms! Due to the smaller size of this far away ball of life, the day- and nightcycle is shorter than ours.
The wildlife there houses an unknown variety of species, spreading over all landscapes. Big to tiny, there is no thing more different but alike our own wildlife. One species has caught the attention of humans the most, a furry, talkative, social and also dangerous two-legged predator, that mannaged to rule the planet with its perfect way to fit in. No matter if it is a swamp, desert, joungle or whatnot, a Dinumi can be found nearly everywhere! As the landscape varies, so does the appearance of this species. From different feet to a large variation of horns to many fur colors and fur lenghts. But the basic look of a Dinumi is always the same!
Humans studied the natural behavour of this pretty intelligent animals and soon found out how curious and nosey they are. Dinumis tend to inspect everything new, and since they never saw anything human made, they were interested in the buildings and fast found out that the electrical fences are not nice to them. But they kept luring arround, getting used to human seights and one came to another. Human interaction with the Dinumis made them more nosey, feeding them made the Dinumis attracted towards the humans.
However. Humans found out they can be kind of "nice" but still are predators, fast hunters with a massive amount of power and the will to kill for food. This made a decision in the humans head, wild ones are far from being able to be tamed, so they catched a view pairs of Dinumis to breed them in captivity and raise them by hand. It made great success and turned out the way it is right now: Dinumis make great pets as rideable mount, hunt companion or area protectors. It was a long way till the Dinumis were able to be exported to our earth, but with these unbeaten properties, they were ment to be brought to our earth.
They are now mannaged and bred in a closed area by educated keepers, tranied and fed, raised and tamed. Some rare seights of private kept Dinumis have been made, some are used for military specs and some are still roaming in this massive huge area that is breeding and taming topics. Therefore, they are still uncommon in our world.
Pets: Dinumis can be held as a simple pet if a stable and a pasture is provided.
Hunter: They can be held as companion for hunting. (Deers, boars etc.). But be aware, they are only usable for stock depletion, since they will eat the prey. Not usable for trophy shootings.
Mount: The training for a Dinumi to be a good mount is long, but if it succeeds, they make great mounts! They also enjoy carriage rides.
Mount for Hunt: Right now not possible, since the instinct of a Dinumi still takes over in a hunt.
Wild Dinumi: Is not recommended, but are always breaked out individuals from the breeding farm. Therefore, they wont attack humans since they are tame, but still wild enough to roam free on their own and hunt for food. But in this case, they wont make differences from horses, dogs, deer, cows etc.
Dinumis usually look the same, but humans already discovered genes to affect the outcome of offsprings. Every Dinumi has a birth controller implemented in his/her skin, so they cant get babys outside the breeding facility.
So here are the outcomes (mannaged by the Species owner, Tigg Darkfury):
Common: 2 Fur colors, one Set of horns, hooved, split hooved or triple hooved (Perissodactyla), midlong bodyfur, long fur arround the hooves, long tail, irokese "hairstyle", normal yawset, normal sized pointy ears, natural colors (every shade of black, brown, white, red, green yellow) never neons, 1 Tail.
Uncommon: 3 Furcolors, single horn instead of set, very long fur on the whole body, medium long tail, different jawset (boar teeth, saber teeth, etc.), unnatural colors (shades of blue, yellow) never neons, 1 Tail with 2 tailtips, short hairstyle other than irokese.
Rare: 3 horns or 4 horns, short tail, short fur, weird formed ears (never big ears!) like the one of a deer, horse, floppy ears etc; neoncolors or unfitting colors like pink, purple, gold, silver; two tails, beads, long "mane" hairstyle.
Selected breed: Selectional breeds in a dinumi research facility? Yes, humans do that, but what can you expect? Breeders choose dinumis with either a special look or ability. Therefore, very very rare breeds are for example:
More than the usual amount of whiskers, very colorfull patterns, single colored fur, exceptional horns, faster dinumis.
The pure potential is far from being revealed. Researchers breed dinumis for a short time, and only time can tell how far the variations of a dinumi can go. Selected breeds are very rare and expensive to get.
Possible differences are:
- Lenght of fur (cold/hot areas) - Dinumis always have fur, they are never skinny without fur.
- Horn design - Dinumis can have realistic horns or a fantasy based set. They can even have just one horn. Dinumis never have spikes anywhere on the body. The only horn or spikewise things are the horns on the head.
- Hoove design - Dinumi have, depending on their habitat, horselike hoofes, paired/split hoofes or even tripled hoofes (example: rhinoceros). They never have claws on their feet or any else designs.
- Ears - Are usually pointy, as long as they are not overall large. They should never be oversized, better hold them smaller than too big. A Dinumi is never earless, unless the ear got ripped off. The biggest Earsize, compared to their head, is for example a doe.
- Tail - Dinumis Tails are at least the size so the tailtip can touch the ground. Depending on habitat it can be shorter. A Dinumi can have a two tipped tail or a maximum of 2 tails at once.
- Front paws - Always have to look the same and must have 5 fingers with claws. There is no variety in this.
- Wings - Is a no go. Dinumis never have wings.
- Spikes - Is a no go. Dinumis never have spikes.
- Whiskers - Dinumis always have whiskers, that can have any color.
- Mixing? - Dinumis cant be mixed with any other species. The only thing that could relate optical to another animal is just the furmarkings. That means, a Dinumi could have zebra stripes, or leopard spots.
- Fangs - The jawset always looks the same, unless a Dinumi has lost some teeth. The upper Jawset can vary with boar teeth growing out of the muzzle or even saber teeth.
- Morphing - You cant morph your fursona or any other character into an dinumi or the other way arround! Why? This simply shows that you have no connection towards this character and i really dont apreciate such heartless actions